To begin with, interestingly enough, Perspex is a brand name for the acrylic sheet. So, Acrylic is the material and is a commonly used name for Polymethyl Methacrylate or PMMA. Clear Perspex Plastic Acrylic Sheet Multi-Purpose 5mm is used every day and thus produced by many manufacturers worldwide.
What can you use Perspex Acrylic Sheet Multi-Purpose 5mm sheets for?
- Shed windows
- Roof windows
- Screen guards
- Signs and displays
- Kitchen and bathroom splashbacks
How is Perspex acrylic made?
It is produced directly from monomer, cast between two sheets of high quality glass, and is polymerised in groups.
Interesting facts about Clear Perspex Plastic Acrylic Sheet Multi-Purpose 5mm
- Perspex is actually a brand name for premium acrylic and is a global company
- Perspex sheets is manufactured in the UK
- Acrylic plastic sheets was first made in 1933
- The material is well known as a better alternative to glass due to its light weight, impact resistance and safer
- One good feature is protection from UV light
- Plastic sheets is fully recyclable, any unwanted off-cuts can be reused or recycled
- Acrylic sheets are more flexible, enabling you to bend into a variety of shapes
- Perspex acrylic can be engraved using engraving machines or a laser cutter, as well as machine and route depending on your needs
Is Perspex cheaper than glass?
Acrylic sheets can be produced at half the cost of glass, helping you get the same purpose as glass but at a better price.
At Tamstar, we provide a range of high quality, affordable Perspex acrylic sheets which includes a variety of sizes, colours, and thickness.
We offer a variety of other plastic sheets as well. So for more details on polycarbonate sheets and screen guards and other sizes of Perspex acrylic sheets, please click here.