Cycle To Work Scheme
To commute to work, more people are now cycling to their workplaces.
Many companies or organisations nowadays are implementing a cycle to work scheme. The UK government introduced this as the Finance Act 1999 as a tax exemption initiative. The purpose of this scheme is to promote a healthier way to travel to work, so that it reduces environmental pollution. Furthermore, this allows the employers to loan cyclists safety equipment and cycles itself to their employee as a tax-free benefit.
As well as this, every year at the beginning of August, the UK make an event called cycle to work day. This is the one of the biggest cycling events in the UK, where everyone can participate and give cycling to work a go.
Some benefits of cycling to work
- Cycling to your workplace will improve your fitness. It will help you to start exercising regularly, gradually giving you a more active lifestyle.
- Rather than travelling in your car and cycling instead, this contributes to cleaner and healthier air, making the world a better place to live.
- It has been shown from a cycling UK survey that more than 11,000 people found that 91% of participants said that off road cycling was important for their mental health. It was a good way to de stress and clear their mind.
- Even though there are still expenses to cycle to work, the overall cost to maintain a bike is definitely lower than maintaining and running a car, saving you more money.
- Tired of being stuck in traffic? If you start commuting by cycling, you do not have to stress about sitting in queues of traffic. This will also improve your mood as you’re a avoiding all the traffic stress.
Why are cycle shelters important for workplaces?
Since cycling to work is increasing, workplaces need to consider cycle storage or compounds, so that their employees can store their bike in a safe place during the day to protect it from theft or weather conditions. There are different types of cycle storage available, whether you want a lockable compound or a curved roof shelter, it is up to you!
What do Tamstar offer?
We offer a range of affordable and high-quality cycle shelters and provide a variety of sizes, designs, and colours.
Moreover, most of our cycle shelters come with a standard galvanised framework and will be durable and sturdy to provide protection for certain elements. The glazing panels that are normally for the sides, back and roof of the shelters are PETG Perspex and will always be a clear colour.
Majority of our cycle shelters include cycle stands or bike racks, the number of them will depend on the size you require.
We know that it can be a challenge to choose the suitable cycle shelter for you. Therefore, please do not hesitate to contact us and one of our experienced team members will be more than happy to help with any questions or queries.